samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Re: Macedonia 2014 scenery project for FSX

Post by samsamfin »

Bobo wrote:
samsamfin wrote:the whole country is covered :P
How to instal/put to fsx?
inside the zip file you will find a folder named 'Ultimate Macedonia'. copy that folder into your FSX Addon scenery folder, usually in
'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery'

start FSX, and go to Settings tab on the left. from settings, click Scenery Library...

From there, click Add Area...

then browse to the Addon Scenery folder, highlight Ultimate Macedonia folder, click Ok. now you should see 2 folders (scenery, texture)

simply click anywhere inside the folder selection area under those 2 folders, and then you should see Ultimate Macedonia on top of the scenery list.

now click Ok, and your scenery library is rebuilt, and ready to use
Марко СВ.Н.
Капетан на B747
Капетан на  B747

Post by Марко СВ.Н. »

can you convert it to fs9 if it's possible please :) ?
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

making it for FS9 is a huge task, since i cant just convert it to FS9, but i would have to go through all the land cover data once more.

i might do it, but if i do, i wont include roads or water bodies (rivers, lakes, shorelines), but only the land cover data (forests, fields, cities, towns, villages, vineyards etc.) at least im not doing it just yet, ill see
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

Added a few objects, will post the scenery files in near future.
Project Officer at Clean Aviation JU
ENAC Graduate in Aeronautics and Space
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. --- Leo Da Vinci
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. --- Leo Da Vinci
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

Finally finished it, Skopje in 3D. Here are a few snapshots. Will upload it this week.

There is some problem with the Kale showing, but I'll try and fix it. If you need it for fs9 ,let me know, I'll show you how is done, pretty easy must say, but too long.
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

nice work! you know, i was thinking of this skopje texture and autogen building problem. now the roads are kinda overlapping the landclass textures buildings, so i was thinking should we make a photo layer for skopje center, and create new autogen buildings fot the photo layer. this way these buildings you added, would look even better. it would look more authentic. what do you think?
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

yeah we can. I downloaded everything I can from the Sketchup warehouse, and converted them as an objects. i will upload the scenery files, and if there is a chance for a layer that would be great!
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

this is what i had in mind. to kinda blend the photo with landclass. takes a lot of tweaking to get the colors matching fsx textures. i tweaked the colors a bit in photoshop to make the difference less obvious already.
photoclassblend.jpg
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

and using photolayer has 2 downsides: it disables all autogenerated buildings, and im not quite sure if it is in any way possible to create night texture. this means we have to find a dataset that has building points, or better yet, buildings as polygon shapes, so we can process it into agn files for the photolayer area.

OSM has some building data for skopje, but very little. i fear that we have to use autogen annotator to outline every building, and thats a heck of a lot of work
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

Well, Sami, I'd say not to do it. Your scenery, the Ultimate Macedonia rocks, and I don't think that it needs any update. Those objects, I will upload them, freeware, and if anyone wants to fly around the center of Skopje, he/she will have that opportunity. If you really want to the a layer etc, and me to add more objects, of course, that will be a lot of work, and will have to give it as payware, and I don't think that someone will ever buy it. :/ .
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

hmm i checked openstreetmap for skopje, and might be that theres not that much work after all. check out the center of skopje in osm. there are lots of buildings drawn there. i think ill process them into autogen files, and see how it looks after those buildings added. should be fairly quick after the script file for scenproc is tweaked
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

just did some math in my head about that photo layer thing. day+night texture is around 170Mb. then it needs textures for all seasons too, so the total comes to nearly 700Mb. idea is good, its just not practical to implement
SquadFX
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by SquadFX »

There is no car traffic in my case. I run ORBX FTX Global and ORBX FTX Vector (both updated to latest versions)
Ultimate Macedonia is on top on other sceneries. I don't know but I think that there is some kind of "incompatibility" between ORBX (FTX) and Ultimate Macedonia and I ask you, please, to report this issue at ORBX labs to be fixed on some other update.

Also in Skopje town there is no other monuments except Cross on Vodno.

Speaking of performance your scenery is good with some bluries but this, in my case, is due to scenery complexity and traffic options. All in all - great work.
Thanks very much.
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

SquadFX wrote:There is no car traffic in my case. I run ORBX FTX Global and ORBX FTX Vector (both updated to latest versions)
Ultimate Macedonia is on top on other sceneries. I don't know but I think that there is some kind of "incompatibility" between ORBX (FTX) and Ultimate Macedonia and I ask you, please, to report this issue at ORBX labs to be fixed on some other update.

Also in Skopje town there is no other monuments except Cross on Vodno.

Speaking of performance your scenery is good with some bluries but this, in my case, is due to scenery complexity and traffic options. All in all - great work.
Thanks very much.
the freeway traffic hasnt been added to the scenery, its not a compatibility issue of any kind. i might add it later when i have more free time. the scenery only has one object so far, and thats the cross you saw. Dante is working on the Skopje objects. I have few masts that i will be adding later.

Originally i intended the scenery to only have roads and landclass vectors.
SquadFX
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by SquadFX »

the freeway traffic hasnt been added to the scenery, its not a compatibility issue of any kind. i might add it later when i have more free time. the scenery only has one object so far, and thats the cross you saw. Dante is working on the Skopje objects. I have few masts that i will be adding later.

Thanks for clarification and, again, thanks for making this beautiful scenery for Macedonia.

P.S
I'm wrong or you putted GA on LWSK?

P.P.S
Keep it simple. I didn't read all thread but did you plan to make modifications on LWSK?
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

SquadFX wrote:

Thanks for clarification and, again, thanks for making this beautiful scenery for Macedonia.

P.S
I'm wrong or you putted GA on LWSK?

P.P.S
Keep it simple. I didn't read all thread but did you plan to make modifications on LWSK?
i havent touched any airports. all though i was planning on modifying LWOH because of the nasty looking plateau it now creates just over the lake as a result of the new shorelines. i was told by Ivano Marongiu that he is working on LWSK for FSX, so makes no sense to touch that one. i hope he finishes it soon. there is version 1.3 of ultimate macedonia available in my OneDrive. i changed the grid city textures into non-grid ones, because thats how most of the Macedonian cities and villages are built. i think it looks better that way. cheers :)
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

i changed the height of streetlights from the dumb looking 20 meters into 9 meters, which is the usual height in real life. landing to skopje is way better now when you dont get the feeling that streetlights will tickle your planes belly as you get closer to the runway...
fyi.jpg
SquadFX
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by SquadFX »

Does this lights "collide" with ORBX lights?