КЦ 135 паднал во Северен Киргистан

Факти, причини и последици од авионските несреќи.
Facts, reasons and outcomes from aircrash investigations.
Skopjeair
H.M. MURDOCK
H.M. MURDOCK

КЦ 135 паднал во Северен Киргистан

Post by Skopjeair »

Уште нема инфо за 3цата од екипазот дали преживеале
I fly BELL 206 when I am sober!
Skopjeair
H.M. MURDOCK
H.M. MURDOCK

Re: КЦ 135 паднал во Северен Киргистан

Post by Skopjeair »

The US Air Force has confirmed the crash of a Boeing KC-135 flying from its base in Manas, Kyrgyzstan.

Kyrgyzstan's emergencies ministry has also confirmed the crash of a large transport aircraft west of the capital Bishkek, and identifies the jet as a Boeing 707 tanker, probably signifying the KC-135 version of the civil airframe.

It states that the aircraft was associated with the Transit Centre at Bishkek's Manas international airport.

The aircraft came down at 14:55 local time in the Panfilov district, between the villages of Cholok-Arik and Chorgolu, some 90km west of Bishkek, near the border with Kazakhstan.

There is no immediate information on the number of occupants or whether there are casualties.

Manas' Transit Centre became active in late 2001 during the deployment of coalition forces involved in operations in Afghanistan. The centre performs aerial refuelling, airlift and troop movement services.

Images of the crash scene and part of the aircraft's tail indicate that the tanker involved was registered as 63-8877. Flightglobal's MiliCAS database records this KC-135R as having entered use in 1964. Tail markings show that the aircraft was home based at McConnell AFB in Kansas.

The KC-135 is routinely operated with a three-person crew, comprising two pilots and one boom operator.
I fly BELL 206 when I am sober!
alvarhanso
Тест пилот
Тест пилот

Re: КЦ 135 паднал во Северен Киргистан

Post by alvarhanso »

KC-135 tanker from McConnell AFB crashes in Kyrgyzstan

A U.S. Air Force KC-135 refueling tanker, which was based at Wichita’s McConnell Air Force Base, crashed Friday in the rugged mountains of Kyrgyzstan.

U.S. Rep. C.W. Bill Young, of Florida, said the Air Force told him that the tanker’s home base was McConnell and that all three crew members aboard were killed, according to a report in the Tampa Bay Times. A spokesman for the Transit Center at Manas, the name of the U.S. base in Kyrgyzstan, said the status of the crew was unknown.

McConnell is one of the U.S. bases that supply personnel and equipment to the Kyrgyzstan air base in Central Asia.

Photos of the tanker’s wreckage also indicate the tanker is from McConnell, which is home to more than 60 KC-135s.

However, that doesn’t mean that the crew was from McConnell. Crews at Manas fly tankers based at U.S. bases other than their own.

Young was informed about the crash because MacDill Air Force Base, which has 16 KC-135s, and the U.S. Central Command are in Tampa, Fla. The office for U.S. Rep. Mike Pompeo, Wichita, said it had not been given any details from the Air Force.

Manas is a key U.S. base for operations to the war in Afghanistan.

Officials at the U.S. base said they had no information yet on the cause of the crash.

The plane crashed at 2:55 p.m. (Kyrgyzstan time) near Chaldovar, a village 100 miles west of the Manas base outside the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek. Pieces of the plane, including its tail, were scattered across a grassy field bordered by mountains; the air was infused with the heavy stench of fuel.

The plane was on a refueling mission for Afghanistan war operations at the time of the crash, a U.S. defense official in Washington said, speaking anonymously because he was not authorized to discuss the details of an ongoing investigation.

The front section of the aircraft has not yet been found, Kyrgyz Emergencies Minister Kubatbek Boronov told the Associated Press. He said searchers also have not found the flight recorders from the plane, which was badly burned in the crash.

The search for the crew will resume Saturday morning and the crash site will remain under guard, Boronov said.

One resident of the agricultural and sheep-grazing area said the plane exploded in flight.

“I was working with my father in the field, and I heard an explosion. When I looked up at the sky I saw the fire. When it was falling, the plane split into three pieces," Sherikbek Turusbekov told an AP reporter at the site.

The U.S. base, which is adjacent to Manas International Airport outside Bishkek, was established in late 2001 to support the international military campaign in Afghanistan. It functions as an interim point for troops going into or out of Afghanistan and as a home for the tanker planes that refuel warplanes in flight.

The Manas base has been the subject of a contentious dispute between the United States and its host nation.

In 2009, the U.S. reached an agreement with the Kyrgyz government to use it in return for $60 million a year. But the lease runs out in June 2014, and the U.S. wants to keep the base longer to aid in the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan. Kyrgyzstan is reluctant to extend the lease.

On Monday, a Boeing 747 cargo plane crashed just after takeoff from the U.S. military base in Bagram, Afghanistan, killing all seven people aboard. The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating that crash since it was on the Bagram air base.
http://www.kansas.com/2013/05/03/278777 ... zstan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;