Air Service

For our english speaking users.
YYZSKP
Падобранец
Падобранец

Air Service

Post by YYZSKP »

Hello

I've been reading the forum for some time now and decided to finally join.

And I am wondering if anyone knows what happen with Air Service.

below is a link to a pic of two of the aircrafts!

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1 ... photo_nr=3
Mad Scientist
On the mike at 120.3
On the mike at 120.3

Post by Mad Scientist »

As to my knowledge, this airline never got their planes. This photos were not taken in Macedonia. They were painted and ready for delivery but never delivered. Some strange waves (mainly political) disturbed their AOC so they never got it. Since then some other people tried to do the same thing but our proud "flag carrier" put explosive to those contracts. They probably felt jeopardized. Sad.
[color=blue]No good deed remains unpunished.[/color]

Нормален текст - Пишува љубител на авијација
[b][i][color=red]Здебелен црвен и искосен текст - Пишува модератор[/b][/i][/color]
avijacijamk
Капетан на А380
Капетан на А380

Post by avijacijamk »

Only one (Z3-ASA) of this two aircrafts arrived in Macedonia.
Премногу анализа доведува до парализа!!!
[url]http://www.avijacija.com.mk[/url]
Scylla
Капетан на Concorde
Капетан на Concorde

Post by Scylla »

Welcome to our forum, YYZSKP!

Some also say that one of the reasons why the planes were taken back is that at the very same time of delivery (early/mid 2001) started the conflict with albanian terrorist, so the company that leased them decided to take them back. This of course is a not a official.

Also, the Z3-ASA flew couple of times to Sarajevo, Belgrade and Zagreb and that was it. During this flights the plane was flown by english pilots while macedonian pilots were observing.
Airplanes usually kill you quickly - a woman takes her time.
YYZSKP
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by YYZSKP »

thnx 4 the replies

well anyhow i think macedonia is in desperate need to a low fare/regional airliner as prices to fly to macedonia have sky rocketed which is one of the reasons macedonia is not a tourist destination. for example this summer i had to book my ticket through greece to come to macedonia. sad
ProMKD
Капетан на B737
Капетан на B737

Post by ProMKD »

One question for you YYZSKP, How much did you save by booking through our southern neighbour? And was this during the summer months, and did you land in Thessaloniki? And if so, was there a connecting destination? I'm just wondering so i can compare :)
YYZSKP
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by YYZSKP »

u save about $200-400 CND going to any neighboring airport really. these include

Sofia
Pristina
Belgrade
Athens
Solun
ProMKD
Капетан на B737
Капетан на B737

Post by ProMKD »

well considering on average, it would cost about 50 euros in gasoline to drive from skopje to pristina (closest airport) and back, we still get a 150-350 dollar savings.. which isnt bad. But how much i trust the Pristina airport with my luggage, is another issue :) Even if i could save 500 i think i would still prefer to use the Skopje Airport. If we all start using other airports, how would ours ever get money to improve right?
YYZSKP
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by YYZSKP »

they should get their money by increasing the flight load. that would most defenately require MAT to allow more airliners to fly into the country.
ProMKD
Капетан на B737
Капетан на B737

Post by ProMKD »

yeah but it wouldnt make sense for MAT to allow more airliners...thats bad business for them. The government should realize that allowing more airlines in will have a multiplier effect for our economy. More airlines = more people coming = more money spent = more production, more investments...
government intervention is needed!